Our Shrimp Bisque is the ultimate comfort food that is perfect for weeknight meals. It has a rich, velvety texture and an elegant sweet taste. Easy and quick to make, it is an effortless bisque that the entire family will love.
We recommend serving this shrimp bisque with a slice of crunchy bread to dip and dunk!
Makes approximately 4 servings
1 lb of Toppits Shrimp
2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup clam juice
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 cups seafood stock
1 yellow onion, chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 cup corn
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tbsp tomato paste
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add corn and cook for a minute, then deglaze the pot with white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate. Season with sea salt and paprika. Stir in the tomato paste, followed by clam juice. Mix well!
2. Simmer all ingredients for about 10 minutes, then using a blender, purée the mixture until smooth.
3. Return the mixture to the saucepan and add the heavy cream, seafood stock and unsalted butter. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
4. Cut defrosted shrimp into bite-size pieces and add to bisque. Simmer until the shrimp turn pink and are fully cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Top with parsley and additional black pepper, and serve.
Note: If you prefer a thicker soup consistency, mix 2 teaspoons of corn starch with 1/4 cup water and stir into the simmering soup after blending all ingredients. Soup will thicken as you cook.